The Corryong Paragliding Open took take place in February. Six Canberra pilots took part, with Kari Ellis taking 8th place overall and 2nd in the Women’s category.
Task summaries are on airScore, as are the overall results.
If you want some sense of what the racing was like, check out the Ayvri ‘Horse Races’ that Zane Priebbenow puts together from everyone’s tracklogs:
Here are some tips for watching the horse races on Ayvri:
- Check out the course first on airScore,
- Select an interesting pilot to watch (e.g. the winner of the task),
- Make it fullscreen (square icon bottom right),
- Turn off tracks so you can see what’s going on (third icon from bottom right, then click the squiggle),
- Slow it down to at least 32x real time (minus icon bottom left),
- Expand the stats so you can see the pilot’s altitude and climb rate (middle right), (for reference the altitude of the valley floor is usually around 300m),
- Zoom in and out by scrolling, click and drag to move the view around,
- The race doesn’t begin right at the start, the pilots first gather for the start which happens at a prearranged time, so watch for when everyone starts going fast in the same direction.